Monday, October 19, 2009

Hidden Safari

The goals of the Hidden Safari assignment was to introduce the students to the warm and cool colors. To broaden the students understanding of what various African animals look like, and to show the students how to create patters with line, shape, and color. In my project I believe I did all of the above. The picture I chose was a animated tiger. When drawing this picture I used the upside down prospective. This is where you pick a picture and flip it upside down to draw from a new prospective. The picture was then outlined in blue colored pencil. After this was done you were asked to decide on what patter, lines and colors you would like to overlap your picture with. I chose boxes and sideways lines. The colors I picked were reds, yellows, purples, pinks, reds and oranges. We then made 3-D glasses out of red construction paper and red plastic. This makes the picture outlined in blue stand out when looking through the glasses. This is a great project for any grade level in elementary. You could incorporate this into your classroom in about any class from math-showing sizes of pictures as well as measurements, all the way to science- talking about the particular animal that was chosen and talking about enviroment, preditors, and location.

No comments:

Post a Comment