Tuesday, October 13, 2009


Elements and Principles of Design Compositions

My element and principle of design was line contrast. In my picture I took a plane white piece of paper and drew out the treble clef sign on the left hand side of the paper with black permanent marker. Then I got out my paints. I decided that I wanted to use many different colors to make my lines, and also so it was more appealing to the eye. After I got the colors the way I wanted them I painted them in vertical up and down lines in different lengths and widths until they filled the whole paper. After the paint dried I took a black oil pastel and outlines the whole piece. I believe that my project was successful. I don't know if the paint was as vibrant as I would like it to be, but that is the risk you take. I believe that the colored paint shows a very good contrast on the treble clef sign to make it pop out.

No comments:

Post a Comment